Properly designed landscape lighting can beautifully highlight architecture, gardens, trees, walkways, fountains and other interesting features of your landscape. Even more important … it can also provide security, comfort and safety!
Landscape Lighting Prevents Falls
The same low-intensity light that keeps robbers at bay can also illuminate paths so you and your guests can walk around your property without tripping over rocks or falling into the pool. We install landscape lighting to highlight the various walkways and paths around your property, as well as pools, rocks, sloped areas, and other hazards.
We light from the side or from below to make sure shadows don’t obscure vision. On the steps, we prefer to use niche lights because they enhance safety and look great too.
Outdoor Security Lighting
Burglars look for easy targets to hit for home invasions. It’s not worth it for them to rob a well-lit home when there are so many places for them to lurk in other yards whose owners have not installed effective landscape lighting.
Landscape Lighting Allows You to Keep a Watchful Eye
With landscape lighting, you can watch over your children and pets without leaving your home. Landscape lighting also discourages predatory animals who prowl around at night looking for easy prey. Without lighting to scare off predators, your small pets may fall victim to a coyote, an alligator, a raccoon, or other nocturnal creatures.
Home Security Lighting Tips
- Install dual flood lights with motion sensors on all sides of your home. They automatically come on when they detect any nearby movement.
- Use in-wall timers on all of your outside lighting and set them from dusk to dawn. You could also use
photocell controls on your exterior lights that will automatically turn the lights on at dusk when it
gets dark and turn them off at dawn when the sunlight returns.
- If you have landscape lighting, keep them on for the entire night from dusk to dawn.
- To minimize the cost of electricity and the time required to replace any burned-out light bulbs,
use compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or LED light bulbs in any outside security light that is left on
the entire night.
- Use garden lights with motion detectors and place them at strategic points around the perimeter of your home.
- Don’t forget the back of your home, especially if you have woods in your backyard. Provide illumination to
those areas where intruders can hide from view.
- Is there any obvious place that a person can hide outside your home? Light it up! Use a battery operated LED
security light if there is no electrical wiring in the area.
- Most of us have some sort of decorative light fixture around our front entryway and garage. Be sure that these
and other outdoor lights on or around your home, that can be easily reached from the ground, are fully
enclosed so that the light bulbs cannot be easily removed by someone.
- When you are away on vacation use timers on your indoor lights in several rooms.
Make certain that different lights turn on and off at different times to make it look like someone is home.
Remember to call Harold at 561.204.3000 for all your LED landscape lighting needs.