Every fluorescent or incandescent bulb replaced with a light-emitting diode (LED) bulb means conserving enormous amounts of energy and reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and landfills.
Greening Your Lighting
Here are five reasons why LED Bulbs are safe for the environment:
- No hazardous substances are used inside LED bulbs. Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and traditional light bulbs contain small amounts of mercury.
- LED lighting in place of fluorescent lighting can reduce the electrical demand of a typical commercial building by 50%.
- One ton of carbon dioxide can be kept out of the atmosphere by using a single LED bulb rather than a fluorescent or CFL bulb.
- LED light bulbs can last 10 times longer than traditional bulbs, which means less glass and metal from light bulbs in landfills.
- If 25% of fluorescent lighting fixtures in the U.S. were converted to LED fixtures, the U.S could reduce carbon emissions by 158 metric tons, avoid releasing 5,700 pounds of airborne mercury, and prevent the release of greenhouse gasses equal to 10 million cars.
So keep changing to LED bulbs and keep changing the environment!
Contact Custom Lighting of America for all your LED landscaping needs.